3 min read
21 Reasons to Try Text Messaging for your Business in 2021
Year after year, we continue to see exponential growth in text messaging for businesses. The possibilities and returns of text messaging are seemingly endless. Companies are finding new ways to leverage texting for marketing, operations, and customer service each day. Text messaging is no longer just a way for us to keep up with friends and family—It’s how brands build relationships and streamline tasks, too.
If you haven’t tried text messaging for your business yet, here are 21 stats that will convince you to try text messaging in 2021.
Text messaging has impressive engagement and ROI stats
- On average, text messages receive a response in 90 seconds
- 97% of companies found they communicated with consumers more efficiently after launching texting initiatives
- 74% of cell phone and smartphone users have no unread text messages
- 91% of Americans have their mobile devices nearby 24/7
- SMS advertising leads to a purchase 50% of the time
In fact, text messaging has significantly higher engagement and ROI than email
- The average consumer has 96 unread emails in their inbox and only 0.5 unread text messages at a given time
- The average response time for a text message is 60x faster than email
- Coupons sent via MMS have up to 8x higher redemption rates than coupons attached to emails
Text messaging is growing in popularity
- Forrester Research predicts consumers will get more texts in 2021 than ever before as brands try to rebuild relationships post-pandemic
- In Q2 of 2020, SMS saw a 239% increase in year-over-year sends and a 35% increase in conversion rate
- In 2020, 77% of consumers said they use texting more than other messaging tools
- Employees use text messaging just as much as email to keep up with coworkers while working remotely
- 59% of users want their communications built into the phone – not as a separate app download
- 91% of respondents said they have received a text from a business, which is a 20% growth over last year
- 5 billion people in the world (about 65% of the current population) can send and receive SMS messages. This number is expected to grow to 6 billion (about 78% of the world population) by the year 2025
- Juniper Research predicts that SMS business messaging traffic will reach 3.5 trillion messages in 2020; rising from 3.2 trillion in 2019
- In September 2020, Americans received 2.6 billion political text messages
Text messaging is an important part of a well-rounded mobile strategy, which is increasingly critical as more consumers browse via their phones
- In the third quarter of 2020, mobile devices (excluding tablets) generated 50.81 percent of global website traffic
- Mobile devices are used for over 40% of online transactions.
- 46% of people would not purchase from a brand again if they had an interruptive mobile experience.
- In 2021, over half of eCommerce purchases are expected to be made via mobile
So, what are you waiting for? If you’re ready to find out how text messaging can have a positive impact on your business, contact us today to learn more
The trusted cloud communication platform